Software Engineer, Platform
Nomadic is a location-based VR company that is shaping the future of entertainment. We create immersive, tactile VR experiences that allow people to move freely through a space while interacting with both the physical and virtual world. Unlike passive gaming, or even passive VR, the tactile interaction that is a core differentiator of the Nomadic experience, works to achieve a level of psychological “buy-in” that is completely unprecedented. Blurring the line between reality and fantasy, Nomadic experiences are simply, the most deeply immersive, tactile, and realistic virtual reality experiences ever developed.
Our team brings decades of experience from top film, gaming, manufacturing, and retail companies, including Disney, Electronic Arts and Industrial Light and Magic. We’re an innovative and agile bunch forging an untapped path and we’re looking for like-minded trail blazers that want to be part of an emerging environment where your contributions make a big impact. Bring your depth of experience, throw-out your preconceived notions and join us!
Software Engineer, Platform
San Rafael, CA
Nomadic is looking for a talented Software Engineer generalist to help invent our core platform so we can bring VR to every neighborhood. You will join a small but growing team of pioneers as we build the services, apps, and tools that make our location-based VR experiences possible. Our evolving technology stack encompasses IoT devices, mobile apps, backend services, serverless infrastructure, game engines, and more. You will dig in to every corner of our codebase and explore new technologies every day. The decisions you make will have a lasting impact as we grow and deploy our experiences at scale.
- Be creative in solving complex problems
- Architect and implement scalable backend services
- Develop administrative apps and diagnostic tools
- Proactively optimize code at every turn
- Build and maintain core software libraries for internal and 3rd party use
- Maintain and improve the network layer for many different devices on the multiple networks
- Explore new ideas
- Deep empathy for the user experience
- A strong desire to learn new languages and technologies
- The ability to do so quickly
- Knowledge of network architecture at the TCP/UDP level
- MA/MS in a technical discipline
- Knowledge of a variety of AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure services
- Familiarity with 3D game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience building native or hybrid mobile apps
- Prototyping experience for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc
- Hands-on experience in wireless development/system engineering
- Sending links to existing projects. We love seeing what you've worked on, experiencing it, and even digging into the code.
- Decades of experience with our specific tech stack. That's why we didn't say what it was.
Nomadic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!